Scrape Scrape Scrape!

I have a wish bone 2B with rear coil over's and i have a slight problem of the bottem grounding out more than expected. Of course i blaime it on the *bleep* bumpy british roads! :gdit: But what height do you recomend the rear should be off the ground. (from end of side pannel to ground where the rear wing meets).

And as pic shows i know have a wedged shaped nut. :o

Robbie

post-10-1085253542.gif

Guest Battery Bill

Jim

You said!

If you've got the sierra springs in the rear end

Robbie said!

with rear coil over's

Correct me if I'm wrong but.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's what happens when you scan read! either that, or it's old age, seeing that you're slagging all us crinkles off lately!! ;) :D

now re-reading the original post from Robbie

Ok, once you've reset the ride height, the other mod is to fit the bolt from underneath if possible. After that, you're looking at stiffer springs.

Guest Russler

just to add something else into the mix if using the sierra rear springs, I have used MGB front springs which slip inside the sierra ones and give normal suspension for an 1-2" of travel then stiffen up considerably. This has cured my problem of grounding on the rear.

Guest timswait

I can't quite see from the photo, but if you've followed RHE's advice and put those big cup washers from the front suspension over the rubber rear subframe mounts then get rid of those right away and put flat washers on instead. That'll give you an extra inch ground clearance to play with. Mine grounds out quite a bit on those bolt heads, especially when it's heavily loaded or going down a dip and has some positive g's on it. I just treat the bolts as consumables, and replace them when there's not much head left. I've seen great sparks coming off them in the dark!

Guest plt63

I thought that the sparks coming off the bolts were part of the fun!!!!! :p

I take it 6.25" at the front and 5.45" at the back might be a bit low then?

Is 7" the recognised ride height as 'standard' ? :blink:

I have the zimmerframe units at the back.....

Guest plt63
i've heard of precision before, but :D

Dont do things by half me ......

Normally quarters .....

bum... bum.... :p

Seriously is 7" ride height normal 'standard' , it looked a bit high to me???? :wacko:

Guest chris brown
Seriously is 7" ride height normal 'standard' , it looked a bit high to me????

May look a bit high but for those going to Le Mans I recommend they run at this height as getting on and off the ferry can be “exiting” :ph34r: if lower and you come to a very sudden stop on the ramp :wub: :wub: