2B Pedal Box Issues

FERRINO

Cheers again for the replies everyone. Also massive thanks to Jez and Phil for the offers of coming round to have a laugh/look over it for me

I'm busy at the moment getting rid of my other 'toys' which are taking up the garage space so I can get the car out of the carport and into it so the car is taking a little bit of a back seat at the moment.

I've taken a quick couple of pics of the steering issues. From what I can gather it seems the previous owner has cut the RH supplied UJ connector? He has also fitted a piece of tube to the end of the triangle fitting on the steering shaft. Ideally I think I need a new connector section.

steer_shaft1_zps147cb90b.jpg

steer_shaft2_zps29d808cb.jpg

Oh yeah - I forgot to add, the previous owner has also removed some of the rear chassis sections with an angle grinder to try and attempt to fit the one piece rear tub! :o

Will get some pictures of that tomorrow night - thankfully he has included the 'hacked off' chassis sections so I may well need to have them rewelded back on. :(

Guest JammyJim

Hi it looks like your missing the intermediate shaft that connects the trianguler column section to the steering rack. This has a clamp with u/j at top end and a splined pinch clamp with u/j at rack end. It looks like the pice attached to your rack is fron the Sierra and is not used.

Thanks for the help guys - as always, much appreciated.

I've tried searching on Ebay for the Intermediate shaft - but not having much luck at the moment.

Previous owner is a stock car racer so was happy to just weild the angle grinder to anything on this car.