Gbs Track Day Blyton Park 2Nd June

philshelton

The GBS team would like to invite you all to join us at Blyton Park for a Track Day in conjunction with Javelin Track Days. If your not taking part your welcome to come and join us and spectate or have a ride out on the track in the GBS Zero with one of the GBS team. We look forward to seeing you all there!

book here http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=600itemid&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

Guest alfaGTA

Phil, on a slight tangent is there any possibility of "someone" contacting javelin to obtain a discount code for rhocar members looking to book track days via the javelin website? I and several others have used their days and they have been 100% but a bit of discount would be nice (even if it was only a few ££ to cover lunch in their canteen). I would be happy to be that "someone" on the clubs behalf if need be.....

Guest Lowlife

I did this, and for a group booking under one transaction for 5 there was a 5% discount and for 10 or more a 10% discount as I recall.

If you wish to lever something feel free but last time I posted and encouraged it not much occured

Guest alfaGTA

I did this, and for a group booking under one transaction for 5 there was a 5% discount and for 10 or more a 10% discount as I recall.

If you wish to lever something feel free but last time I posted and encouraged it not much occured

Multiple bookings under one transaction is a recipe for disaster John, i'd be aiming for a RHOCaR discount code to enter on the Javelin booking site to obtain a discount per transaction.

Guest Rallyreason

I agree with both of you.

John is coming from single enquiry and sales perspective and Javelin would only give a discount for numbers. However as GBS advertise and encourage the track day through this club a discount isn't to much to ask. After all how many members do we have all around the country?

Guest Lowlife

Multiple bookings under one transaction is a recipe for disaster John, i'd be aiming for a RHOCaR discount code to enter on the Javelin booking site to obtain a discount per transaction.

That would be the ideal and the new commitee need to approach Javelin to negotiate just that, however, how many members attend and would it be in their interest. I may be wrong but very few RHOCAR members have indulged in recent events meaning that Javelin are not really benefiting in any bulk business.

For any customer of mine to recieve any resonable terms they would need to commit to minimum numbers, the same is true for Javelin! Hence block book and recieve a discount. So, why does the club not commit and block book and then members pay via RHOCAR (treasurer???)

John

Guest MarkB

I think you will find, although there are a handful of us that like a bit of track time, there are many others that would rather put 120 quid in the fuel tank and drive around the uk, hence we have never had big numbers ever turn up for blyton. Barkston remains a popular track day with Rhocar, possibly because its a timed event and most people love a bit of competition.

Guest Lowlife

I think you will find, although there are a handful of us that like a bit of track time, there are many others that would rather put 120 quid in the fuel tank and drive around the uk, hence we have never had big numbers ever turn up for blyton. Barkston remains a popular track day with Rhocar, possibly because its a timed event and most people love a bit of competition.

It was not a criticism merely a response, each to their own, I do both!!

Guest MarkB

The downer of typing, I didn't read your post as criticism, I need a smiley thing that's a picture of val Doonican sat in his rocking chair chilling out. I was merely giving my opinion on the lack of Rhocar members using blyton

Guest Lowlife

The downer of typing, I didn't read your post as criticism, I need a smiley thing that's a picture of val Doonican sat in his rocking chair chilling out. I was merely giving my opinion on the lack of Rhocar members using blyton

Good point well presented and entirely agreed!!!!!!

Was having very similair conversation earlier.

Guest MarkB

I am kit less for the moment but I take great pleasure in being the Rhocar/anybody, support van with plenty of refreshments for the boys/gals taking part.

Guest alfaGTA

In fairness there are near 500 paid members of rhocar up and down the country, there are more tracks than blyton and more organisers than javelin. Plenty of other clubs have generic discount codes so why not rhocar? The public often appreciate a small gesture of goodwill leading to greater future revenue so i believe it is an avenue we should investigate atleast. We all like a bit of healthy track competition-especially when the stealth pinto is in full flow :)

Guest alfaGTA

Not this time, got a new baby at home to entertain and the toyo's are well shot on the indy :shok:

Also i've driven Blyton four times back to back so I think it's time for a few laps at Cadwell for a change.

Enjoy yourself but mind at Jochen go wide and cut the apex of the corner slightly........ and the concrete kerbs at The ump and The wiggler are savage enough to throw our light cars waaaaaay off line so avoid them if you can.