Dvla

stevedohc2b

Hi I have had my robin hood on the road now for 8 months now.

But the Dvla still sent me a tax reminder for the Donor. Too which I phoned and sent a letter to state that the car had been rebuilt and donor scraped with the local DVLA office keeping the original V5.

So then the other day I received a fine for not taxing the said Donor from the continuous registration centre in Poole.

As you can imagine I was livid A new letter was drafted then I remembered I had a fax number for the local office so I also faxed the letter to them.

I have finally received a reply and they apologies as well. See attached pic.

A result.

Stephen Altwasser.

i'm glad things worked out ok in the end!! :D

bloody jobsworths :gdit: i can see with this new automated system that this kind of thing will become more common too!! :gdit:

How long between faxing your letter and receiving this reply? They've still not contacted me over mine. I wonder how many other kit car owners are in the same position right now?

Ant

Hi ant the fax and letter were sent on the 12th may reply on the on the 28 th may.

I like your GB A/W can you send me the hi res file and will try to get some printed at work as we print silk screen Litho and digital an will take to Le mans. I am going on Monday 7th 8.30 from Dover.

All the best Stephen Altwasser

Guest timswait

It seems pretty common for this to happen, I had to send off at least 2 or 3 letters to tell them my Sierra really was dead and buried!