Boot Cover For A Zero.

Guest AndyJW

Guest AndyJW

Hi, I am all but finished now and await the IVA. Problem is GBS seem to always be out of stock of the Zero boot cover. Does anyone with a Zero have an alternative that's good? I have made my own cover but am not happy with it, or the way it would fit. I Would prefer a tailored one that fits perfect. Ta, Andy

The boot cover needs to be NON-REMOVABLE or else the boot compartment is treated as a Passenger area and will fail the IVA.

(Due to sharp edges etc - with a non removable boot cover then it's exempt)

I made up a plywood cover from three parts with a key to lock it and trimmed it to look good. After the IVA I got the weather gear from GBS (eventually) and fitted that just before the Stoneleigh show last year.

Simon.

lots of options, but if they are going to be temporary are they really necessary?

what doesn’t comply with STANDARD build.

edge of boot lip, you will need to cover that anyway so you don't injure yourself using the boot, lid or not.

fuel filler hose clips, turn them so the sharp bits are behind the pipe.

any bolt ends such as wing mount that stick THROUGH the carpet.

nut covers on all nuts and bolts.

not to daunting :-)

Guest AndyJW

I have not panelled out the boot, I just want to put a cover on the top which is iva acceptable, so if it has to be permanent then so be it, I suspect that when the car is on the ramp they can look up into that general area anyway.so if I put a cover over the boot area that is solid, has correct radius edges and is fixed would that be ok???

This is the note that is to Annex 2: Interior/Exterior Assessment in the IVA Manual.

"Where the area behind the rear bulkhead of the passenger area and the rear of the vehicle is covered by a ‘soft’ cover held in place by pop studs, (e.g. a Lotus seven type vehicle), the cover is considered an access lid. In these cases the exterior projections should be assessed with the cover in place. The area beneath the ‘access lid’ is deemed to be the interior of the vehicle and if it appears to be behind a permanent bulkhead it is exempt of any interior fitting requirements."