Rolling Road Success

kevin the chicken

Hi,

Having been wrestling with my spares or repairs project for well over a year now I must admit that I have nearly been at the point of giving up on more than one occasion. Thankfully walking away when things go wrong and not returning for a couple of days usually works out. The last problem was a leaking radiator and for me replacement was the only option, the new one being slightly different and needing some replumbing. As I had a week off I booked a session on the RR for tuesday hoping that I could check it out on monday.

Surprise, a leak. Fixed that (I hoped) and refilled, ran it up to temperature and then stuck it on the trailer.

Tuesday morning drove to the RR, parked up and went to find out where to offload. Guy said I'll open the gates and you can drive straight in and turn around in the field at the back. Shoved the key back in the ignition of the unimog and snap the key broke off.

Things were not going well. Got a lift back to get the spares and offloaded and guess what? It was ok! Talk about surprised.

This chap is a real old school pinto man but knows his way around a pair of webers whatever engine they are on.

He cleaned all the jets out, adjusted the timing and then did the filne tuning on the RR for 80 quid. Another benefit of living in the heart of stockcar country!

Now I have to go on holiday and leave the car in the garage for a few days.

It is indeed time to drive although there are a few things to sort out still. I'm not going to do too much this summer as I intend to use it and don't want to take it off the road while the weather is good (hopefully) I've got next week off so I hope the weather will be good then.

• Like 1