How Much Better Is A Kenlowe Fan

I have just fitted a ken12hp kenlowe fan kit, How good is it ? unbelievable good the whole thing is top quailty right down to the mounts.

It came with a 2 stage controller speed 1 pulls at 18amps and speed 2 kicks in at 5deg over speed 1 pulling 24amps it cools the car down from switch on to off in under around 60secs on speed 1. The controller is fully adjustable and non intrusive.

I,m really impressed with the whole thing i just wish i hadn,t wasted my time over the years with cheaper ones.

i bought it from europa spares, i rang up to check stock and prices and was given a 20% discount :) all in £152

https://www.europaspares.com/product/236/20238/COOLING_SYSTEM_FANS/KENLOWE_FAN_SYSTEMS/Kenlowe_2000_Series_High_Performance_Single_Cooling_Fan_Complete_Kit_12v.html

• 2 weeks later...

How much better is a kenlowe fan??????A MILLION TIMES BETTER!!!

I have bought the 14" kenlowe high performance fan which has the 2nd jet boost function...

I've done a little experient tonight to compare the differences.....

With the engine idling at 850rpm, I timed how long it took the old ebay fan and new kenlowe fan to cool the engine from 90degrees (fan on set point) to 83degrees (fan off set point)

eBay fan - £23

17" - 120w (single speed) fan

11 minutes 23 seconds

kenlowe fan - £130

14" - 265w

Fan speed 1 - 48.6 seconds

With jet boost on - 36.3 seconds

Both fans had a good seal onto the radiator so no air was leaking from the fan's cowling.

The conclusion I've come to is that the pressure drop through my radiator core (4-core / 70mm thick) was too great for the eBay fan to work properly. This was confirmed as when I put my hand on the rear of the radiator, there was hardly any air movement coming through the radiator whereas the kenlowe fan was producing gale-force winds at the back of the rad!!

Finally, something which did make me laugh......

When I first tested the kenlowe fan on the garage floor, the jet boost function actually produces that much air pressure that the fan hovers about 1/2" from the floor!!! That was the last thing I expected given how heavy it is.

I'm very happy with the fan and well worth every penny!!!!

i have just fitted mine a couple of weeks ago and yes the unit is quality and cools the car down quicky but i thought the control box could of been designed better so it could be installed neater but apart from that money well spent.