Mirrors - Spring Back?

The IVA manual says the following about mirrors:

The obligatory offside mirror fitted to a vehicle with a right hand or central

driving position must be adjustable from the driving seat. Alternatively, if

knocked out of alignment, it must be capable of being returned to its former

position without the need for adjustment.

Looking particularly at the: Alternatively,if knocked out of alignment, it must be capable of being returned to its former position without the need for adjustment.

Do you interpret this as mirrors must be able to spring back like they do on your tin top?

The answer will help me decide whether to modify or buy!

Many Thanks

Nige

Fixed mirror O.K. as it (they? ) will be inside the footprint of your "7" That is -- draw a rectangle car max width x car max length, this plan view is why so many problems occur with front indicators, they have to be with-in the specified max distance from edge of "plan" which is generally the rear track measurement.

I don't know about other cars, but my renault "tintop" mirrors definitely do NOT spring back as suggested. Many others do not either as people often push them into the car body when parking so that they don't get struck by passing cyclists / pedestrians.

They do "click" into position once you push them back though.

Simon.

No, reading that argument again, it just means if they are knocked out of alignment, that they can be pushed back again. Springs aren't mentioned.

It's just meaning if something strikes them, they will flip out of the way. You can then push them back yourself ( i.e adjustable ) while seated.

It doesn't mention the nearside one. (Most of us don't have arms that long anyway ! ) :)

Simon.

• Like 1