Sylva Leader

kevin the chicken

Hi,

I have just added an Incomplete Pinto engined Sylva Leader to my stable as a result of a second chance offer on e-bay. It wasn't exactly local, needing a 670 mile round trip to pick it up from Cornwall but when I got it home and had a good look around it I decided that it was a bargain at the price I paid even including a hundred quids worth of diesel. It is mostly there, runs ok but the front brakes are completely missing along with the exhaust. The exhaust won't be a problem but the brakes have me puzzled. I think the front axle is vauxhall and the brakes probably came from a viva or magnum but without having one to look at I don't know. The last but one owner removed the calipers before he sold the car as they were expensive Wilwood ones, the car being used for hill-climbing or sprints.

Does anybody know what I should measure up or look for if I decide to replace them with aftermarket calipers? Or is anybody familiar with the Sylva cars or vauxhalls?

I did say as a joke that I would buy a car for the wife so she could come to shows with me and we could take both children, just had to make sure that it wasn't too powerful so she didn't burn me off! She likes it which is good but has already decided she wants round headlights!

Kevin