Mistaken Identity

Guest MarkB

I'm sure I remember Jim Stott telling me he once got a speeding ticket in Blackpool for his Disco. Only the Disco was sat at the side of a race track somewhere whilst he was marshalling for a motorbike race - it was live on the telly and everything so just one or two witnesses that he wasn't hooning around Blackpool.

Not too long ago I was passed on the M65 by a 3dr Tropy Blue MGZR that was doing a silly speed. I was driving my 5dr Trophy Blue MGZR. Just long enough for the other one to be out of sight a police car with the lights and sirens going appeared in the mirror. They slowed right down and sat in lane 2 next to me for ages (probably seconds but seemed like ages) whilst having a good look at me before putting the clog down and disappearing off into the distance again. I do wonder if they ever got him and whether it was just the speeding that they wanted him for or if I could have been pulled over and accused of something else.

Iain