Decline In Engine Performance

Guest robbie

Guest DanRyalls

Hi Robbie,

Did this last solution cure your problem as I am having the exact same issues and have also not been able to solve anything

Cheers Dan

Guest robbie

I have checked carbs for float heights, jet sizes etc. All ok. There was some "gritty" substance in the carb filter? cleaned all down and rebuilt. Reason is that I was advised to check height of float in chamber.

See attachment (I hope!)

The advise was as follows (this guy really knows his stuff and has been very helpful)

"BUT most important at the moment make sure the space between the underside of the cover and the top of the float is 15mm when valve just closes."

I am also going to check that I haven't tightened the carbs too tight and inducing a frothing thing. After this I may well be selling my carbs if I can,t find a level of reliability. Shame cos everything seems to be sooooooooo good apart from a few minor probs.

I will let you know how it goes, hopefully this weekend.

By the way Dan if you get there before me don't be holding back!

Robbie

Try running the car round the garden etc till the fault occurs and then switch off ignition immediately, coast to a halt and then remove the float chamber covers to check that the fuel level is correct in them. I assume you have set the float heights correctly and by now got the fuel pressure turned right down.

Nigel

For loads of info, exploded diagrams how they work and setting up including float levels try instruziones.