2B Rear Arches

Guest kwakatim

Guest kwakatim

Hi I have recently purchased an unfinished 2b and I am still in recovery and deciding where to start I have decided to clear the workshop and get my self set up first but as I keep passing by the car I sort of discover things that I am not happy with last night I decided that the wheel arches just don't look right. They are stuck out well past the wheels and seem to flair at the back and they have been attached with self tapping screws I am starting to think I would be better off fitting a full fibre glass set but I am unsure where to get some and if they will fit any help ? would be great thanks Tim

Hi,

so the 2b superspec had GRP rear arches and these could be bought separately. Pretty sure GBS still do them.

The Only problem with them is that they sit lower than the orginal 2-piece ones so you have to make a new infill panel to go above them, you may also have problems with the old screw holes showing. This is more of an issue with stainless as it will be harder to cover i.e. painted cars can be patched and sprayed over.

I'm going to try making my own using the ones i have as a starting point. Might be a bad idea but i enjoy tinkering so will be interesting to see how that pans out.

hth

Guest kwakatim

Hi Barrie thanks for getting back to me keep in touch as we clearly will be doing the same things at different times over this winter and it would be good to have someone to talk too that is having the same experience I will try GBS but when I have looked in the past the arches appear to be straight and not tapered to fit the side panel of the 2b as it angles down to the wheel ? cheers Tim