Britax Switches Anyone Have Any Experience Of Wiring Them?

dandanfireman

Hi again guys I have been wiring up some new switches in my S7 replacing the hazard switch, dipped and main beam switch etc and also adding a map reading switch for an extra set of lights i'm intending on fitting under the passenger side of the dash.

Can anyone help in the wiring of the lights from the steering column mulitplug down. I believe it is a Cortina mk5 wiring loom or maybe sierra as it always had a 2.0 EFI in it.

I know theres a wiring colour list on here somewhere as i've seen it before but I could spend days trying to find it lol. Any help in the sorting out of which wire does what would be a great help. I have plenty of torpedo fuses on order ready for my errors ;)

Thanks in advance guys.

Dan

ps here are the switches i'm fitting

I'm just guessing here but the 2 horizontal contacts on each switch are probably for illumination of the switches, i.e. 12v across them and a bulb will light up! Either as an "on" indication or to "light" them up when it's dark! The left hand switch is probably a change over switch, in one position 2 of the vertical contacts are connected to each other and in the other position the other is connected to one of the first two, i.e. one common and two that "changeover". Only way to check is with a multimeter. The one on the right is probably just an on/off switch, in one position the 2 vertical terminals are connected and in the other they aren't. HTH

Many thanks for your reply Megadodo. My confusion at the moment is that with the stalk operation as the stalk is moved into the lights on position (dip or main beam) there is a +ve feed to the lights front and rear and also a +ve feed to the instrument dials. So i assume there should be 2 outputs on the switch for power out? The one on the left is the switch for the lights and the one on the right is the one for the map reading light.

Thanks for your input.

Dan