Mig Welders - Power King?

Guest RoborRoss

Guest RoborRoss

Actually, just read this review. :I would like to say this is cheap and cheerful and good but I cant it is just cheap and nasty rubbish like the cheapest Chinese junk ever.

The build quality is very poor, the weld quality with the flux core wire with it is total rubbish and splatters everywhere even using additional gas mix argon with the non gas wire as well did not help much to improve welding results, don't expect the so called neat dime stacks with this welder it is impossible .

My 20+ year old stick welder on its last legs which was 2nd hand when I bought it produces much neater welding results by far

I kid you not the mask is a flat pack mask on very poor quality.

The mig gun is not euro standard so damage your hose in any way you will need whole new welder rather than a new gun set.

The duty cycle is beyond a joke on this set.

The gas will not last long at all am will cost you a fortune in bottles, plus it is just co2 with no argon mix.

The mig gun is poor and the tips are easily destroyed with flux core wire with burn back.

The welder produces poor quality welds and the voltage (coil speed) and amp setting are very twitchy to set up.

I work in maintenance and basic fabrication and wanted a new smaller more portable welder which would plug directly into the standard 13a socket , unfortunately this is not fit for purpose, a few of the lads had a play with it who are better welders than me and were not at all impressed at all and thought it was junk

I decided to replace it with the sealey mightymig professional and have no regrets what so ever, the mighty mig and my old Clarke weld fantastic compared to this wolf/powerking setup

I would say you get what you pay for here and I would say if you are on a budget try and push it a little more and get the sealey, Clarke, sip or even the draper over this

I have no problem recommending the sealey mightymig what so ever but would absolutely NOT recommend the powerking

Good luck if you pick one of these up, you will not know what you are missing if you buy this.