Motor Bike Carb Tune Up Help

Shak

Hi I need help with tunning up my Robin Hood s7 I have a 2.0 pinto engine with an fast cam and have just put on r1 bike carbs on which when brought was told they were jetted for 2.0 pinto plus running nodiz system . It starts up okay and idlies at about 1000rpm but when driving pops and hesitates sometimes when pulling off help would be great full if can not get working May put back dellorto carbs on

Guest oshiney2

hi shak i run r1 carbs aswell they are really grt but mines are on 1.8 zetec so setting might be diff it would be worth getting a proper tune up on a rolling road would be worth every penny and you would know that they are set properly. good luck mate

The only way you will get them tuned properly is a rolling rd session, i fitted bike carbs to a pinto years ago when it was a new thing to do, the amount of misinformation on the subject then and now is massive.

I would highly recommend russ at torque tune ollerton he has both bike and car dynos so knows the art of tuning from both sides, You would be looking at no more than £150 maybe less depending on how much time it takes him.

Hi Shak I have just fitted ZX9R carbs to my 2L Pinto. was running as rough as anything, called Russ at Torquetune and had it rolling road tuned last Saturday. Russ is a magician with bike carbs - he knows his stuff. Give him a call, it will come out of there feeling like a different car :)

www.torquetune.co.uk