Buying A Kit/car - Advice/help Needed Please..

Guest sjw75

I would agree with all that has been said so far except that I did buy the first car I saw, it was cheap so that helped and I have had great fun (and some hair pulling times) putting it back together. I have learned a lot, much of it through advice given on this forum and met some great people too. It's true that its not a Caterham or a Westfield but does offer reasonable performance with 150 plus horsepower in a car that weighs approx 3/4 ton, it would certainly have beaten my Civic type R to 60mph and that was no slouch.

Just look for something that you can cope with if its not road ready. Anything that you think will be done in a week will probably take you a month if you are like me. There are a lot of unfinished projects out there, you dont want your purchase to end up on ebay as one of these.

Welcome and good luck with your search, keep us posted.

Regards

Kevin

Guest scrabster

hi,

as a bit of a guide im putting my zero up for sale soon and i would be looking for around the £6K mark and i may throw in the trailer as well for the track days if i get the right amount of cash.

regards,jess.

Said owner is still around but forgot to renew his membership this year so didn't want to upset anyone by actively advertising the car here.

I have a chunk of leave coming over Christmas and would like the funds to get cracked on with my MG Midget. I don't think I've seen any decent IVA'd Zero's at the current asking price but I'm also open to reasonable offers!

If it hasn't sold before Christmas the reason to sell will have passed so it'll be pulled and readvertised on eBay in Spring, with the usual +£500.00 on the asking price!

Thanks......

Edited by Shandylegs
  • Like 1

Firstly a big thank you for the warm welcome and secondly a equally big thank you for what has been some very useful advise !

Interestingly enough Id stumbled across the zero myself and simply didn't understand the "link" between RobinHood and GBS. Having looked at their site, considered the excellent advise on here, I sent them an email via their website (expecting the usual slow response) however they came back to me within the hour and to cut a long story short I'm travelling back from York on business this Friday and have arranged to call in to try the demo cars and have been offered a factory tour and drive. I might have to work on my budget, but its looking like a real contender.

Thanks once again, I will keep you posted and look forwards to plenty of club meets and runs next year.

Si. :good: