Rh 3A Pinto Engine Fitting Questions

Guest iokarus

Guest iokarus

Hi,

I have recently bought a late model 3a with inboard coilovers and a sierra donor. I've been looking to get hold of a build manual but it doesnt appear to be that easy! Is a PDF version of the original build manual available?

The car came with an Essex V6 half fitted with a type 5 gearbox. I have taken this out and im in the process of fitting a pinto engine back in which is what the car oringinally had. Im most of the way there but test fitting the engine today and the arms apear to be to wide. Theyre the later alloy arms from a sierra.

Do the standard sierra arms fit or do i need some RH specific ones?

Thanks

Phil

Hi, I have a 3A with pinto. It uses standards Sierra arms (mine are steel castings). The engine mount towers are welded to 2 channel sections which run from the front to the back of the engine bay. I believe when you first build the kit you can move these to get the right width for the engine, they are then fixed in place. Yours may be set to take the v6?

Rob

Rob has it correct

Several bolts through floor in footwell a and a couple in engine bay

Remove them all, slide sleds with towers to new position, drill through and bolt up

I have 3a build videos converted to DVD if you need, yours for a small stack of blank DVDs so I can produce more