5 Day Scottish Road Trip 19th April 2014

Guest alfaGTA

My niggling intermittent misfire got a whole lot worse yesterday evening got home and went to check plugs no 3 plug lead disinigrated! Looks like a bad crimp at plug end the terminal was black. Good job I found it wasn't going to drive again until Saturday morning.

• Like 1

Guest alfaGTA

I reckon we will be there for 4pm Andy notwithstanding issues on the road, it is Easter hols mind! Depart Sunday morning around 9am, lunch at Onich as above somewhere....

great stuff Keith are you heading straight to the Falkirk wheel for 4pm if so will meet you there. 9 am is good for Sunday will be over for about 8.30am ready for the off

If I understand the plan the main convoy is meeting Peter2b2002 at Ferrybridge services at 10 am.

So I will go straight up the A1 from Newark and meet you all at Ferrybridge at 10.00am on Saturday Morning, (this saves me an hour of travelling across to Woodhall services).

If I time it right I might meet the main convoy after the M18 junction.

Guest alfaGTA

I have a list of all numbers printed off along with each days waypoints (postcodes, longitude, latitude)to keep everyone on the right road, will distribute at Ferrybridge.

No problem Ozz, see you at Ferrybridge.

the weather is picking up for the run

Yep , depending on which forecast you read for Sunday its either

a) overcast, cold and 50% chance of rain

B) cloudy, and 20% chance of rain

c) overcast with sunny spells and 0% chance of rain

Who said weather forecasting was an imprecise science? :)

well i was having kittens the day thinking the car is buggered before the weekend. went out for a wee blast as it was glorious up here today, running round Edinburgh and the car started to overheat. Got it cooled down headed home I noticed that the temp gauge wasn't reading and the fan not kicking in. So took the temp sender out, popped down to see Ickle at the local motor factors try and get a new one. couldn't work out which one it should be. anyway went home to investigate further. Turns out Im a muppet, there is a temp controller for the fan and there was a wire off its terminal shoved it back on after crimping it a bit more, hey presto the fan kicked in the temp gauge does read and the temp sensor that I took out doesn't go the gauge as its a Borden tube type so i was looking at the wrong sensor to start with.

BUT ALL IS NOW GOOD bring on the weekend

Edited by whiz