Wipers (ford)

Guest bugsy

Guest bugsy

Hi All,

To all you Super Specers out there, what if anything have you done with the wiper arms and blades, if like me you got a set of arms which are too long and one blade to make two out of what on earth have you done to make them work :blink:

Any advice would be great as i am going to Newark tomorrow (Saturday) while the wife distracts Richard i am going to steal the bits of the demonstrator while his back is turned.

Not that i am panicking but my SVA is Thursday :boohoo:

Cheers

Bugsy

Ps forgot to mention that the spindles are ford not Mini so most arms dont fit, I have a nice set of stainless arms and blades from Europa which are neither use nor ornament!!

Edited by bugsy

Guest Friar Tuck

Bugsy

When I collected my kit, It had two short wiper blades (made in Taiwan), and the arms had been modified to fit the spindles with a countersink underneath.

Maybe that's why Richard says to leave the screen etc off for the SVA, but we have already covered that ground !!

Sorry I can't help more, see you there.

The Friar

Guest Dredd

I'd be interested too, I don't have any nuts to hold the arms onto the spindles either! I thought that some universal 10" blade assemblies would do? <_<

Guest bugsy

Hi Chaps,

I have used the Wiper arms and blades which i got from Europa

(sorry Jim :boohoo: )

I have drilled a 10mm hole in the top and fixed them on to the spindles using the nuts then covered the nuts with a Nut Cover from Tifosi, It works ok even if it does look a bit weird :blink: (if you look closely).

I will post a pic as soon as i get a mo!

They were the Universal arms, i cut about 1.5" off the arms and 8" blades.

Cheers

Bugsy

Guest boggie

I used the standard Sierra wiper arms and cut them off about 1" after the point where the thin part emerges from the main part then cranked them round by about 20 degrees. To this I fitted lotus seven wipers from Europa. It all works perfectly but I should mention that the springs in the sierra arms are far too strong for the shortened arms so take them off and carefully stretch them by inserting a screwdriver in between a couple of the coils and twist to open them up to reduce the pressure on the blades.

HTH, Boggie

Guest bugsy

Cheers Chaps :D :D :D :D

Oh just looked at the weather forcast for tomorrow :boohoo:

Bugsy

Ps Was that you Joey who looked like Bart Simpson at Newark :lol: :lol:

Sorry i didnt introduce myself as it was peeing it down B)

(Mitch told me to say that :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Ps Was that you Joey who looked like Bart Simpson at Newark 

Sorry i didnt introduce myself as it was peeing it down

I didnt say that,did I, i also may have said he was singing "white wedding" later in the pub. :lol: :lol:

Mitch

Guest bugsy
So where were you when it was peeing down then

In the Rain :lol: :lol:

We had a quick chat with Mitch, then bumped into Friar Tuck and his Mrs ( fellow Super Spec builders) watched you all drive off to Bill and Joeys to drink his Tea,Coffee and kick his tyres, then dashed back to the car and home!

Great day :rolleyes: , shame about the weather :(

So where were you when it was peeing down then :D

Don't know about him but I was driving a 2B with no hood or screen to Chadderton for the re-test. I swear that if the man hadn't given me the certificate there would have been a killing.

Good luck for tomorrow Bugsy.

Iain