Gauges

lockyer89

I'm after a set of classic looking gauges, I've got some Smith Telemetrix gauges already, but it's not the look i'm after, so would be interested in a swap deal, or cash.

Link to the gauges I have.. http://www.caigauge.com/page36.html

However there may be a cheaper option for me if anyone can recommend someone that can alter the gauges i have? I'm after the black face, white number and red pin...

Thanks

Simon

Guest Ian & Carole

When we built our car we wanted classic also and went down this route,

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4d1a58f7af

this one is no good for you though as it is from a Stag so the rev counter will read miles out, although you can pick up 4 cyl ones fairly easily.

We were lucky that we found a Dolomite set with the 4 cylinder rev counter.

car004.jpg

This is definitely the sort of thing i'm after. I just don't want to spend £££'s, it's shocking how much a new set of gauges actually are!!

I never realised the rev counter had to match, that's good to know!! Thanks!

Like i said the chap who owned the car previous to me installed the smiths. One question i have is about the speedo pick up, I've found the magnets glued to the prop shaft flange, will this work for other speedometer's? Or will i find the earlier speedo's need to be run from the gearbox?

I have a set same as Ian's from a dolly - 4 cylinder, pm me for more details.

Similar these-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-DOLOMITE-INSTRUMENT-PANEL-/121296572370?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c3dd6cfd2

Si

For some reason I'm unable to send a pm! They look to be what i'm after, would you mind posting a couple pics up for me? Or try private messaging me?

Thanks

Simon

Guest shaggy

Perhaps I'm banned from accepting pm's as I'm only a community user - subs always paid at the AGM in Stoneleigh.

I'll take a piccie soon and post I here when I can

Guest shaggy

Rob, like I said earlier, I always join at Stoneleigh as I have done for the past 8years or so.....................

Old messages now deleted so please message away

Guest shaggy

Simon, please see attached photo of the clocks from a triumph dolly as requested.

Looking for what I paid for them to be honest as bought them for my previous hood but never got round to fixing them on £65 plus P&P, or can liver for free to Stoneleigh

Can't seem to add photo so have sent you a pm with my email address

Si