Just Ordered 2b

eddieH

Hi,

I went to Newark on the Sunday and despite the rain had great fun. Many thanks to those who let me look at their cars (I was the one taking photos of just about everything!!). I sat in the display 2B in the hangar and luckily I fitted in! I was well impressed with the car so I've ordered a 2B/4 with SS chassis and panels, alloys and tyres, SS manifold etc etc... I'm collecting on October 2nd - can't wait!! I'll join Rhocar as a full member closer to the date. Thanks again for the advice. I look forwards to seeing some of you at another show soon.

EddieH

Guest Battery Bill

Eddie

Put a few adverts up in the local supermarkets.

Asking for Sierra anything considered, no MOT etc.

We did that and it worked for us :D :D

Welcome and have fun!

A piece of advice, if possible go for the 2L its a lot more power and doesn't cost much. Most people will end up changing to a 2L. ( :wub: no offence to anyone who has a 1.6 pinto :D )

Robbie

As per Robbie's comment welcome to the madhouse. If you find a donor with the wrong engine/box but the right price (CVH/DOHC) then Ian Hale is giving an engine away and I have several type 9 5 spd boxes that you can take your pick from for the same price. There are ways to get around these not being in the actual donor (not strictly in the spirit of the regs but......).

I think the engine Ian is getting rid of is actually one that I took out of a Sierra - if it's the same lump then it should be a good un as it had only done 30 odd thousand miles when I extracted it. I know Ian went round europe with it as well as his domestic mileage but I suspect it's still done less than 50k since uncle Henry's boys built it. I didn't keep it or pass it on with the engine but the car had a huge pile of history and a receipt for an unleaded conversion (several hundred quids worth which is why I bought it).

Yes you'll probably end up with a 2.0 but from experience I'd suggest getting it on the road by hook or by crook and then look at getting it exactly how you want it. No I didn't so it's taken me a few years to get my 2B up to and through SVA (earlier today so if my spelling is dodgy blame it on the celebratory beer I'm drinking).

It might be a bit of a trip to collect them but one of our members came all the way from Portsmouth to help me get rid of some of my rubbish (sorry engines).

Iain

Guest Battery Bill

Iain

There are ways to get around these not being in the actual donor (not strictly in the spirit of the regs but...

You mean you dont tell them :lol:

No I didn't so it's taken me a few years to get my 2B up to and through SVA (earlier today so if my spelling is dodgy blame it on the celebratory beer I'm drinking).

Thats why its taking me and Joey so long ! Too many celebratory beers :lol: :lol: :lol: Well done for today though :D

Guest daveg

Eddie

You definately made the right choice getting SS...

You will save the difference easily on paint and no corrosion worries

Dave

PS I got SS chassis but not panels...thought I was saving money but I was wrong :boohoo:

Hi Eddie,

I think I remember you going round on the Sunday photographing everything looking very excited :D Try to get a 2l if you can, they do come up so keep looking,

This and This are good places to look.

I used a 2L GLX.

Congratulations on your SVA Iain!!!!

I've put some ads up in the supermarkets today so hopefully I'll get some calls soon! It would be great to get a 2l engine but I'll settle for a smaller one for starters (changing to a 2l can then be another little project to look forwards to :D ).

having watched top gear the other week when they bought cars for under 100 pounds and CLARKSON bought a trade in volvo for £1 so the dealer didnt have to pay for scrapping it may it not be worth asking some big fourcourt companys what trade ins they have ?????? :wacko: :wacko:

have also sent you an email

I saw the trade in Volvo thing too. Maybe a good bet would be to call the types of large car places in your area that do offers like £1000 minimum trade ins, "even if it doesnt have an MOT" they must have somewhere that they offload the trade in cars to on a regular basis. Our local car supermarket sells all of its to a little place just across the road. I'm sure the supermarkets would tell you if you asked them.

I've sent some adverts to all of the garages near where I live and they said they'd give me a ring if anything came in. The local Ford dealer wasn't very helpful but I found that all of their old trade-ins go to an auction in Nottingham so I'll try to get there.

V8K - thanks very much for your kind offer. My email stopped working last night so I can't get your phone number but I'll give you a ring as soon as its back on. I can't make it this weekend unfortunately but I'd love to see your hoodie sometime. As I say I'll call you as soon as hotmail sorts itself out. Thanks again.

Eddie