Westy....

Guest gashair

Guest gashair

Ok should i go for a 1988 westfield, or a 1997 Robin Hood Exmo, or a Robin Hood 3A? Really want to get into the kit car world but not sure which one to buy! Please advise!

look at the build quality and go from there.

the Westie would be a 1700 xflow, and will be narrow, this gives problems when looking for after market seats, although Westfield will sell you seats that fit (at a price) also check the fibreglass bodywork, it gets very 'tired' on older Westie's.

Exmo & 3A, were all before SVA, and to be blunt, there was some poorly built cars about (there were also some very nice ones!) so check out the build quality. Each model of Robin Hood has it's own particular set of "design faults" because the kits were made down to a price, ie. budget kits. So to make a nice car there are certain things that need improving (on every RH) All I can say is go through as much information as you can, find out what the faults & fixes are, then you know what to look for.

Best of luck.

Go for a 3A,stainless steel monocoque chassis,inboard front shocks,probably the lightest of all Robin hoods.

In short the Dogs Danglers!!!!!!

I shall put the covers down now,as I prepare to be shot at!!!!!!

Cheers Ian