Misfire On Acceleration

Guest Pedro

Guest Pedro

Hi everyone, My mystery hesitation/misfire has returned despite renewing numerous ignition parts. This only happens on acceleration when overtaking etc if you back off the throttle and cruise at 40-50 its ok.

This happened when returning from the local supermarket where I added approx 15ltrs of unleaded, it was ok on the way there. Looking back I think the last time this happened was again after I had used supermarket fuel. This is ok in my tin top but perhaps not in my 1800 Pinto with modded cyl head?

Has anyone else come across this issue? I have ordered new fuel filter and pump , think I might drain the tank and use Shell V Power!

Thanks again

Guest Sevenheaven

Might want to check the valve clearance on a pinto, this happened to a friends 2B but only when up on the power the same as you.

Alan.

Many years ago I had a mini clubman that ran perfectly unless I put fuel in it from a local Fina petrol station. Any other petrol brand and it was okay. I'm not saying this is your problem, but it reminded me of that old mini.

Guest Pedro

Thanks for the info, just replace the head gasket and did the valve clearances with that ( had the misfire previous and after this work). I recently fitted a new Weber carb and just guessed at the slow running mixture, turned the screw out until the engine was lumpy on tickover then in a turn until it smoothed out. Engine ticks over and revs great when standing its just under load, got a new fuel filter and pump to replace Monday and am going to syphon out the fuel in the tank and replace with some good stuff

Thanks.