Edge Questions

Guest Steve

Guest Steve

First of all, I don't have an idea on how I can measure if a radius is 2.5mm, is there a simple way of doing this?

Secondly, on my 2B where the side panels attach to the frame in the foot well section the edge of the stainless steel is a little exposed, have I got to cover this?

Thirdly, I have a stainless steel exhaust and wasn't going to bother with the cover supplied by RH but am curious how I can sort the edge of the can out, what is the best way of doing that?

Next, I am testing the car without a screen, do I need to cover the slots for the vents? If so what is the usual way of doing that?

Cheers in advance

Steve

To measure a 2.5mm radius, set your compos to 2.5mm and draw a circle on some card, cut it in half then cut out the circle, this is your measuring stick.

I put edge trim down the front edge of the heater vents, the examiners test tool doesn’t then touch the back edge and it’s classed as a permanent fix. I also put grommets in the wiper holes.

Guest chris brown
To measure a 2.5mm radius, set your compos to 2.5mm and draw a circle on some card, cut it in half then cut out the circle, this is your measuring stick.

even easer drill a 2.5mm hole in a off cut piece of thin steal and then cut straight through the centre of the hole with one half cut again to leave about 120 degrees this is idle for checking large rounded off items and it doesn’t go soggy at the first sign of oil or water.

Guest Battery Bill

What a thickie even Joey knew that was wrong :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :p

Guest John Church

Steve

If you don't fit the cover you'll definately burn your leg ...... and it's really painful for days afterwards. They say you only do that once, and I have, but I suspect with no cover at all you'll do again and again.

Fit the cover (not easy but looks pretty) and then cover the raw edge positioned next to the body panel with the usual Sierra door edging strip. This got me through my SVA.

Regards

Guest Battery Bill
OK, got all that, but how do I sort out the exhaust box edge?

Oops sorry :wub: :wub:

Whats wrong with fitting the/a cover then? :rolleyes:

Secondly, on my 2B where the side panels attach to the frame in the foot well section the edge of the stainless steel is a little exposed, have I got to cover this?

Probably :rolleyes:

Next, I am testing the car without a screen, do I need to cover the slots for the vents? If so what is the usual way of doing that?

Grommets

:rolleyes:

Guest SteveL
OK, got all that, but how do I sort out the exhaust box edge?

I bought some perforated steel from B&Q, curved it round a nearby lampost, and attached it to the side panel, rather than to the silencer itself. This means that you can make it long enough to cover the edges of the silencer, and also whatever you put in place to hold the bracket at the back of the silencer to the car. Painted it to match the car, and put edge trim on both edges, and Bobs your uncle!

It looks like this:

heat_shield_small.jpg

Steve