Oil Temperature Sender Location?

Guest Jomeo69

Guest Jomeo69

Afternoon all.

As the title suggests really.

With my new pair of gauges i got a sender that has a M10 x 1mm thread and id like to use this for oil temp.

Now where on the block can i connect this?

Is there already a oil temp sender hole blanked off on the blacktop zetec block or would i need to drill and tap?

Many Thanks in advance

Joe

Guest Jomeo69

Thanks simon. i will give it a try later.

Any idea of what thread it is, just before i unscrew it and piss oil everywhere?

many thanks

joe

Guest Jomeo69

We specced our car as a Zetec super spec from the factory. It is defiantly a blacktop zetec.

Steve, i thought that as well but if there is a threaded hole in the block anyway i thought that may be an easier option.

Many Thanks

Yes, there is an unused threaded hole you can use. (Zetec blacktop was mentioned)

You can unscrew that with the engine not running without fear of oil everywhere as it is above the oil level.

(You do need to put something in there before running of course else you WILL have oil everywhere :)

Simon.

Blacktops have two screwed plugs, 1/4 NPT into a pressurised gallery on the right of the engine. ST170's are better endowed with three. Some late blacktops might have three. Any of them can be used for oil pressure or temp.

Nigel

post-21-0-19699200-1404249969_thumb.jpg

Edited by Longboarder