Dumfries And Galloway

Mitch

Guest shaggy

well runs sort of sorted, had a phukarwi moment a couple of times just reading the maps - might not bother planning, then at least when we don't get where planned, no-one will be any the wiser :rofl:

The trick to that Simon is plan your route . Tell nobody where we are going . Then when you miss a turn and change destination no buggers any the wiser.... Just don't head east !!! Steve doesn't like east Pmsl

Guest Ian & Carole

Head east at the church!

I was stood there when he said that !!!

That scene will live with me for ever.

So very very funny and that was his way of saying I have no f****g idea but too cleaver or arrogant to say so.

Brilliant.

Guest Darren2010

Got back from Dumfries mid Afternoon Yesterday. And I'd like to say what a thoroughly good time me and Cheryl had. Being Virgin Campers wasn't easy. But the help and support from everyone was fantastic. Thanks Steve for the loan chairs and Laura for the emergency sleeping bag ( my summer one wasn't fit for purpose ) The runs out were fantastic and the Drivers Briefing was most enlightening!!! We're going left, left, right!! And if you get lost find a church!! Thanks Route-master Simon.

Ruby, my old car really surprised me by performing really quite well on her first proper journey. Even yesterday morning when Mitch was rushing for the Camera because she was slow to start!!! But start she did, much to his disappointment I feel!!!! Sorry Mitch.

It's a shame we couldn't stay for the full weekend, but it was great all the same. Good company and good driving. We will definitely be looking to do more. OMG I almost forgot about the Rod Stuart Gig in the field.

Thanks to Everybody there for making our first trip out such a good one.

Darren & Cheryl.

Back and unpacked from a great weekend. Thanks to all who did the organising of the location and the driving routes. One of the roads yesterday was that fast, narrow and twisty that we had to have a vomit stop for a back seat passenger in a tin top. Great to meet up with Dave Castle again after five years, glad you're enjoying your move up north of the border, you haven't changed at all Dave.

Glad that Darren and Cheryl enjoyed themselves, it's always a bit daunting tagging onto an established group of friends for the first time.