Silencers

Guest Gizmo

Guest Gizmo

Hi,

I have a series 3a. My silencer is fine, but too loud (and getting worse) for long trips (going deaf in right ear).

I have only found a couple of places on the Web that sell decent (apparently) stainless steel (refillable) silencers and I am not sure if these will fit.

Can anyone tell me where I can go to get a box that will fit, and preferably without needing to send the wife out on the streets ?

Many thanks

Guest Gizmo

Thanks Andy, I will give him a try. Do you have a number for him ? Don't worry if not I will look him up on the net.

If you are still looking for seats (ref your trailer note) I bought some Intatrim seats and I am very pleased with them. Judging by general prices I got a good deal.

Guest Ianz

Theirs a firm called "WUNOFF" exhausts,do a search on the web should find

the site.

"Chris" in Brighton has one fitted to his car!!!!

From what I've seen/heard must get one myself fot my 3a

Just found the link!!

Click here

Cheers Ian

Guest TerryBarry

From their site - this is a nice set up

Just need to be very careful getting in and out - never know what you might burn or scorch.

try Graham Swift at custom chrome

Their silencers are quiet enough on a Pinto, but the clamping of the front pipe is seriously naff! and the chrome front of the silencer soon suffers from the road filth thrown up from the front wheel. They are also somewhat awkward to repack. price is around £150 with club discount.

Theres a firm called "WUNOFF" exhausts.

"Chris" in Brighton has one fitted to his car.

So have I! mine is the *standard length* but you can have them any length you want.

Excellent silencer. The problem is mounting it, as it's 6" dia, not 5" Then you'll need to draw a template for the input pipe, send it to them for them to make you the input pipe.

A bit of messing about, but once done, lots better quailty than CC.as it's stainless, so won't rust if clipped with a stone from the front wheel. Again price is £150 with RHOCaR discount.(includes front pipe)

post-10-1089218801.jpg

Guest Bob Rowell

I have fitted the race can from my last bike, Connecting pipe and brackets etc were made up in stainless and fitted at a very reasonable £40 cash.

Person to contact is Mark at Power and Performance, Honingham (Nr Norwich)

He also did a full stainless custom exhaust system for my mate's Dax for £175.

I will get his number tomorrow and post it on here.

Or you could try repacking it. Ihave just done this with mine, two packs of wadding from Car builder solutions (i think £6.50 a bag) took me about an hour to cut hole and repack then cut out a new piece of steel to cover the hole and riveted it back,

Before it was bloody noisy,

Got Jim to test it at the weekend and it came out at 99 decibels at 4k revs, (he said its nearer 97 as you take 2 off for the meter)

only trouble now is a buzzing in left ear from passenger seat to slow down, watch the camera................... :D

Mitch

Guest captn Pugwash

at least you will be able to hear the doors on the cannon port holes opening as I fire a broadside shot over your bow, oops sorry nose of yuor craft, Mr Mitch, :huh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Battery Bill

Mitch

only trouble now is a buzzing in left ear from passenger seat to slow down,

I'm surprised that Chris is asking you to slow down :rolleyes:

Are you sure she is not saying :

"Put your foot down slowcoach" :lol: :lol: :p :p

Guest salty_monk

What's the usual db with the standard exhaust??

Have the chance of a track day at Llandow. Easytrack says the DB limit is 98 at 1 metre or 102 at 50cm.

Do I stand a chance?

Guest Steve Allen

Salty

Just done a day at Donington (level at 98 Dba) this is tested from a pit wall atleast 4 mtrs from your car. mine at the SVA was 99.1 DBA at 3/4 revs i.e 3750 (not true but it passed) long and short of the story turn up with no exhaust and you will be fine as there is always someone creating more noise.

Steve