Help On What To Take,please

Guest Andy Rathbone

Guest Andy Rathbone

A friend of mine has bought and built himself a westie (2.0l vauxhaul twin cam).

dont hold that against him ,hes an FGB.

Its his SVA on tuesday the 6th(next week) and has asked if i will come in another car to bring the tools to put back on the bits that drop off :lol:

the question is what do you think i should take? ?? :huh:

dont forget he will be repaying the favour in the not too distant future. ;)

oh yes the test is at Nottingham(possibly not the best choice?).

So, any sugesstions greatfully received. (some more greatful than others. i Know what you lot are like)

much thanks in advance on behalf of a man with an affliction the same as ours with a diffrent badge. :D

All the tools you can carry.

Tie raps,

tape,

tow rope (just in case)

water,

edge trim,

spare electrical connectors,

In fact anything you have used to build, take.

and if you have one a copy of the SVA manual on the seat, Impressed examiner when i took mine,

Good luck, hope it pass's, but being an inferior kit i doubt it will first time :D ;) :lol:

Mitch

Guest Andy Rathbone

cheers Mitch, :wub:

i feel i will be taking much less to my SVA than this one :D

from what ive seen the kits pretty good but its not as much fun and there is far less room for "builder interpretation" i love my hood and will not be rushing to change it for another brand. ive driven a westie, nice but just too dam tight and im not exactly fat

5ft 11.75 ins and 13.5 st and the pedals well tsk tsk nice but toooo small :)

Guest Bernie

Andy, I concur with Mitch in that you need to take as much as you can, particularly with respect to edge trim, nut covers, tie wraps etc.. If you're travelling in a separate car that shouldn't be too difficult.

Re your comment about Nottingham possibly not being the best choice, I had my 2B (sliding pillock version) tested there a few weeks ago and have only praise for the tester. He was fair, informative and helpful throughout the entire process and allowed me time to correct the minor descrepancies he found. As a result, what started off as an experience to be dreaded turned into an enjoyable one, and not just because I came away with a pass.

Guest Andy Rathbone

the (not the best choice) comment is because its a good hours drive, i think brum is much closer, but i guess my mate wants to give it a bit of a road test first, sensible fellow, it will also give the brakes chance to bed in. i had also heard bad things about Nottingham, perhapes the tester was having a bad day on that occasion, thanks for the advice, fingers crossed for my mate, :blink: hope the out come is as good as yours :wub: