Engine

steve1506

I am a new starter to the Robin Hood and have just ordered a 2B+. I have also got hold of a 1990 1.8 LX Sierra which i am told has the wrong engine can any one give me some advice on what I should do. Should i try and find a pinto engine where would I start.

Guest Battery Bill

Steve

When I was in the scrappys a few months ago there was an immaculate Sierra in there and The bloke told me that it was in there because of engine failure and he said "Its one of the crappy CVH types, not a Pinto" :rolleyes:

So my guess is Yes get yourself a pinto, it will be easier to fit as well :D

(I dont know if anyone has actually fitted a CVH or if its possible )

Steve

yes get yourself a pinto :D cvh engine is hard to uprate :( if you fit a modified cam you have to get the cam timing spot on for optimum performance.

2.0L pinto is the best to modify to any stage of tune if you want to modify it at a later stage of you build.

chris

steve

look for one with a 205 stamped in the block used in injection fords (and in 2wd

cosworths) they can be bore to 93mm. the pinto was also fitted to transit vans as well but i would stay away from them as they have been to hell and back (i should know as i work for a transit dealer.)

good hunting

chris

Guest salty_monk

The 1.8 CVH is 90bhp as standard. My dad had a Sierra Saphire with one of those in & it was always a pretty good car & not slow....

If you're going to want to mod it later though and/or want any fitting advice from guys on here a 2l Pinto SOHC has to be the way forward.

Steve, First of all, go to "my profile" and put your location in. Then someone local may just come along with what you want.

Next go and look in Loot you could even put a free advert in there. I've had a couple of engine from out of Loot. the most I've paid was £40 for an EFI one.