Quick Stupid Questions

Guest jetskijase

Guest jetskijase

HI All

Just a couple of quick one's before i start the wiring

With the vgreen pack do you have to use the donor's fuse box or any of the relays? :huh: Is the fuse block in the vg loom design for the complete sytem??

I looked on the vgreen site and it said about the need for a relay pack if you column stuff is 1989, mine are stamped 87 so should need them then :huh:

Also it say's you don'y need a reversing lamp?? is this true for mot and sva?? Never really noticed on everyone's cars.

Cheers guys :p

Jase

Guest jetskijase

Guy

When you say keep the relays, do you mean plumbing them into the loom etc??

At the moment it seems quite easy to wire up, but with no relays.

Guest TerryBarry
mine are stamped 87 so should need them then :huh:

The 87 you refer to could be a Ford part number - the switches off my '89 car had 87BG............ on them.

I have to admit that I have no experence with the Viki Green loom, but surly you need some relays i.e. Headlamps on/off, High low beem, horn.

Any Viki Green experts :unsure: ?

Guest jetskijase

Just been on carlooms.com vgreen website, got it muddled up, If your column switches have got a serial beginning with 87 then these are the later type switches.

This means the wiring is too thin to take the headlights and vgreen do a relay update kit to add to the vg loom phew :wacko: :wacko:

Anything else important i need to know before i start making holes everywhere and installing it :huh: :huh:

Cheers chaps

hi

yes you do need the relay pack. and you do need some relays from the donor, like the flasher unit for the indicators. its all explained on the VG diagram, but not very well!!

i'm in the middle of mine

steven