Summary Of Iva/registration Timeline

brumster

Can I just double-check if I've got the timeline and order of things roughly right? Just trying to plan out timings really...

So the path to getting your car on the road is..

1) Assign VIN (I've already received this yonks back from DVLA and it's stamped on the chassis)

2) Fill out IVA application form (IVA 1C in our case)

- Car is class A (Amateur Built)

3) Fill out Amateur Build declaration

- Attach receipts for major components where applicable (not relevant for myself as I've mainly used the donor car)

- Attach pictures showing key milestones in the build

4) Submit 2+3 when applying for IVA (Basic IVA needed, £450)

5) WAIT - general suggestion is the current wait is around 2 months for my test centre, but I appreciate this is variable

6) IVA test

7) Re-test as needed then eventually pass

8) * What goes here? *

- Do you get a ticket/cert straight at the IVA test centre that you need to post off?

- Or do you need to wait for something to come through in the post, some sort of certificate?

- Or do they update records accordingly and start the registration process for you (somehow I doubt that!)

- How long is this process?

9) When whatever at 8 is finished, presumably you register and get your V5

10) Tax, MOT, insurance, yada yada, off you go...

Just wondering about steps around (8) that's all, and checking I've understood everything else correctly :)

Cheers,

Dan

Guest chris brown

Answer to 8 Yes you get a certificate (MAC) which you send off but remember to take a copy of it for your records as you will never see it again. I have not registered a car since they did away with local offices but I assume you will need to send the registration cash and application at the same time.

Yes, the IVA centre will issue the certificate on the day which you attach to the DVLA application (keep copies of EVERYTHING)

DVLA require at least 6 months tax + £55 registration fee.

They then issue you with tac disc and plating certificate which you use to get plates made up. Put on plates, check insurance is running and drive.

Log book arrives 2+ weeks later.

(or in my case a second log book also arrives for a car that never existed! You did keep copies didn't you ... :) )

Simon.

• Like 1

Just to add to this you use either v55/5 or v55/4 to register which you have to order from dvla. Also registrations that go smoothly are taking 2-3weeks. Some people are being asked to complete NOVA applications, which are normally for imported cars, which causes issues as HMRC then refuse to do one as the car isn't imported...

• Like 1