Front Shocks

rthomas69

As the title says I'm after a set of front shocks for my 3a (I have springs), anything considered as logs as they are usable (plan to upgrade later once on the road)?

Anyone got any laying around in the back of their garage?

Cheers

Rich

Hi Paul,

As you know I'm in the process of building an S3 (which is getting there slowly, 2.1 race pinto in & running, brakes just need bleeding etc) & currently working on restoring/completing the front end (tie bars done) & I'm in the process of changing the front springs (got hold of some 130lb ones) & the problem came after finally removing the shocks (still on the first one after cutting the rusty bolts to get it out) as the spring nuts were rusted solid, but last night I finally managed to free them off (the actual shock itself looks pretty good), so shock no1 is back together & ready to go. Hopefully no2 will be no worse, but if it is then I may have to take them off your hands (or even just the nuts). How much do you want for them?

Cheers

Rich

Guest Boost

Got a new set of boxed SPAX adjustable shockers I bought of eBay recently, now plans have changed they are surplus. I'll get a pic if I can and post. Believe they are what used t be fitted to standard wishbone 2B's.

Regards.............Sean.