Sva Tomorrow

Guest paul thompson

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest paul thompson

I had a guy called Paul, and he was very thorough but very fair. He let me adjust the headlights. He said it was so quiet that he didn'teven bother with the noise tester. I was in there just under 2 hours. I have now driven 45 miles in my beastie and just like McDonalds, I'm Lovin it!

Sounds like a fantastic test to me! Edge trim here and there and that should do it.

Let us know when you've been for the retest.

Bringing it to Donny in September?

Ant

Guest paul thompson

Half the list is already done!! Just the fuel hose to replace and the schock nuts to cover and the handbrake clevis pin circlip

Tada!!

Guest paul thompson

Well I just got back in from the garage adn all is well. Fuel hose now says fuel hose all down it's length, the fron coil over nuts are covered with some inner tube, thanks Chris good tip! Couldn't find a circlip for the handbrake so I drilled the pin and used a split pin instead. He only said it needed a locking device :p all the edges and nuts he listed are sorted and the low fluid switch now works. I got a spare from a scrappy but that didn't work either. So I striped them down and they were both really corroded insisde.

I am thinking about fitting a breather to the tank as I don't have one at present and it does not fill very well. anyone else done that?

The cheat to fill a 2B tank, is to get yourself a length of flexible plastic waste water pipe for caravans, about 12"-14" long, then when you want to fill up, shove that into the kneck of the filler, down into the tank (not all the way!) and put the nozzle in to the side of it, you can then fill it at full bore.

Guest paul thompson

I found that too though bill. 10 litres in about 30 seconds. I have a rubber elbow that fits down the inside of the filler neck, I'll try and fix that in there. It will guide the fuel around the right angle in the steel bit nicely. Nozzle from pump will fit easily in the elbow. hopefully giving enough room for the air to come out.

Anyone wanting to register at the Brum DVLA can expect to have to have a built up inspection, they say all kit coversions need to have one at the moment. They only do them on Tuesday Mornings (bummer cause I have to be in Nottingham to get my new company tintop Tuesday morning) and Thursday afternoons. My SVA retest is booked for 2.30 on Wed and I was rather hoping to be able to go to the Maltshovel in it assuming that there is a meet there this month? Last wed of the month if I am right (someone please confirm) but the first time I can get a reg is on Friday afternoon! Still should be alright for the weekend, and yes Ant I will be bringng it to Donny!!