Superspec Hydraulic Clutch

Guest chrispine

Guest chrispine

Hi all, been offered an MT75 from a 2.3 Scorpio, it uses hydraulic clutch which would cure the VERY heavy pedal I have at the moment, yes I've lubed the cable often, it doesn't have the slave cylinder so not sure if it's internal or bolted on the outside, has anyone done this? Does it clear the body? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

to go off on a tangent, you should not lube your clutch cable. It attracts dirt, which gets tracked in, scratches the liner, and makes it very stiff. Replace the cable, use a dust boot on the gearbox end to stop any dirt getting to the cable, and route it avoiding the exhaust.

I used to bust a clutch cable every couple of years until i put that boot on!

Andy

Did the superspec come after the DOHC model , and use the same chassis diensions?

If so there may be room for the MT75, otherwise you have to modify the tunnel tubes to get it to fit through. www.gbowden.co.uk

What I should have said is it won't be a straight swop - different MT75 boxes.

Re drill the fly wheel for a ford 2.0 DOHC cover plate (it's deeper and designed for a cable clutch) and fit a DOHC clutch.

While the box is out change the spigot bearing for one that fits correctly - either a new bush or I think someone sleeved a ford one to fit.

Then change out the thrust bearing, the 2.0 DOHC one will now fit as the cover plate is deeper and does away with the need for the bodged up one if you move the fork pivot point forward (done right this will also get rid of the fork rattle).

As a last thought while the prop is off get it balanced - I don't think the originals were.

Steve