Rear Upper 4 Point Harness Fixings

Guest Jonathan.Ritchie

4 point must always be better than 3 -- but the inertia reel 3 point is always correctly tensioned to the body -- how many ensure the manual adjust 4 point is always a snug fit -- journey out is in the cold & return is warm & clothing has been shed -- have you adjusted every time?

yep :) i always keep my belts tight as i heard that you can break your collar bones if they are loose as you slam against them. I find after a couple of miles and warming up i seem to sink into the seat a bit so it loosens a bit. And as you say a coat or jumper changes it too. Annoyingly in the summer when it's t-shirt weather (you know it did happen once) the belts are that much tighter that i have the excess belt whipping about in the wind and hits me in the face :( ha

Guest Jonathan.Ritchie

anyone know where I can get some spare tubing from for the second harness point on the back?

I'm not sure if I need to get a special type or if I can use a genereic steel tubing?

Guest 2b cruising

Generic steel will do thr job.

You just need to get the correct id and wall thickness.

Use the ones fitted to get the measurements.

Don't make the same mistake as I did.

I bought a new drill bit to suit.

Hired a 45' drill to do it.

After I finished I realised that a stepped hole cutter would have done the job in a normal small drill chuck.

Laugh! I could have kicked myself for costing the owner more money than it should. Stupid B*****d.

Edited by 2b cruising