2b Sliding Pillar

Guest salty_monk

Guest salty_monk

So come on then you lot... How do I make it handle better? :p

(Please don't quote the westfield guys "buy something that does!" :lol: )

Currently my 306 will probably go round corners as fast or faster...

The front suspension is rock hard (doesn't even move if I bounce on the front of the chassis) & the rear feels quite soft!

Will post pics of rear when I can find somewhere to host them or Thurs if I can't when I can access my own web space...

Guest salty_monk

Seem to have understeer however I could probably get it onto oversteer on liftoff if I wanted to...

As my seats are too high I feel a bit "perched" on the car at the mo with the steering wheel too low so when I get that set up properly I'll probably be able to give a much better analysis as I'll be able to feel it better (through my seat & the wheel) & so will give it more stick to see what happens properly...

What do others find with the sliding pillars??

Guest Andy Rathbone

i found with my sliding pillars the hacksaw and anglegrinder worked well, a little bit of creative welding and its now double wishbones, paul boatman (apologise for the bad spelling of your name paul) down the london area has it and it works for him, i had to admit defeat. :( but went double wish :D which after a quick test seems to work well. :D best of luck

Dan,

I had sliding pillars for 7000 miles, and apart from the wishbones grinding grooves

into the wheels, I got it to handle pretty well, before I fitted wishbones.

There is no quick fix, just a load of small adjustments, too detailed for an email.

Send me a PM, & I'll forward my phone no.

The reason the front suspension doesnt move is because of the geometry, not just the spring rate. Put a shiny magazine (your choice of title!) under each tyre & bounce again.

Bob (Orpington)