You Have To Be So Carefully Buying A Car

Guest peter2b2002

Guest peter2b2002

just got my self an old disco off a chap(small dealer on ebay) he was I bit short when I asked some questions and also on the pxhe was taking into account claiming his family had worked on land rovers for over 50 years, cut to the chase , I took my little test hammer and torch started to give it a tap on the usual rust places to which he objected to but I carried on with him interupting me all the time with tales of his other disco sales and the bits he had done to this one some of the welding he had done to get it through its MOT looked like sparrow shirt and I told him so which went doWN well😊 but one place I didn't check was where he had put the roof bars and jack handles guess what under those which were next to the near side wheel arch, rust holes all along the floor/wheel arch not a bad problem but annoying, I've sent him a list of faults that I've found that his description says ar'nt there

just waiting for his reply

morel of the story "don't get distracted when doing any checking

peter-2b

Guest peter2b2002

just sent him a list of things he's come back with a counter claim that the freelander that he took in px (£200) has a slipping clutch and the gear box is gone, I told him before going that I'd taken off the prop as I had been getting some vibration but I thought it was the rubber couplings plus he had plenty of time to take it for a test run while looked at the disco, he also says he didn't give me permission to tap the chassis with a hammer, he has also called me an idiot and refuses to do anything if I do he will take it further(threatening?)

peter-2b

Guest lotusPaul

Sounds like a call to trading standards is well over due. If they continue to pixx you off then include the local Police for threatening behaviour and selling dodgy cars. Potentially several crimes could be taking place.

If its from a dealer you always have the ability to utilise your "cooling off" period from any contract providing its within time.

Guest peter2b2002

I saw it on ebay been there for a couple of weeks sent him a message through eBay as he said he would take px originally he said he would give me £400 for it but reduced it to £200 when I told him I had removed the rear prop but as it only had 2 months mot on it and neaded new tyres I took him up on his offer, went up to Bradford on Monday 90 miles away from my home, when I arrived he was next to it with a vacuum cleaner , I showed him my freelander and told him about the thing I had done to it gave him the mot and v5 so he could look over it whilst I had a look under the disco with my torch and little hammer to check the chassis and floors from the underide , saw some very bad welding on one bracket on the rear cross member he had remarked that he didn't like me using the hammer, when I came to paying I asked if there was any discount for cash NO, then started to list the faults I had found to get some thing off which he didn't want to do saying I had agreed to buy it on line but after I told him as he had relisted it it was a new sale after checking he agreed so we came to an agreement ,excanged paper work and off I went, next day I found a few more things and contacted him via eBay thats when he came up with all the cr#p about my freelander and insults, any way the thing I found are easy to fix and it's not that bad condition , so if you see any thing from a chap called Luke Airey in Thornton near Bradford be careful he's a dick head

peter-2b