Engine Oil Leak

Guest gazza1591

Guest gazza1591

Anyone running a c20xe engine on here? I had fired mine up last week only to. Find I had a major oil leak which I thought was coming out the sump, so. Replaced the gaskets yesterday with a little sealant aswell left over night to dry. filled it up today and fired it up, straight away oil pissing out everywhere on floor, on a closer look today it seems to be coming out of this area in the red circle am I meant to have a pipe or something on here? Any help. Would be great as lost 8+ litres of oil now 🙈

post-6200-0-43756600-1500030063_thumb.jpg

Can't see very well from the picture but the oil pressure sender is usually in that area. If there's no sender then fitting one should do the trick, if there is a sender there are some other threaded holes in that location that have bungs in which may have been removed.

I can't see on mine now that it is back together but I had a spare hole which leaked some expensive oil all over the floor. I ended up fitting a mechanical oil pressure gauge to one outlet and blocked the other one with a spare sender which had the correct thread. There are several holes as Steve said which gives you choice on where you can put your sender. If you fit a mechanical gauge there is an adaptor available on ebay which allows you to fit it so that you get a straight pipe run back towards the dash without sharp bends.