32.4v Cordless Drill Bargain

Mat-Moo

Got this through on the specials from Screwfix, a 32.4v Combi Drill from £79.99 down to £32.40! Bargain... click here Screwfix

p1855687_l.jpg

32.4V

13mm Keyless Chuck

2 Speed Reversible Gearbox

21 Torque Settings

1.9Ah NiCd Battery & 2 Hour Charger

Thermal Overload Protection

Side Handle & Depth Gauge

Drill Level & Charge Indicators

Guest graham dockerill

They are a really good drill and the keyless chuck works well, got mine off Bobs bargain store which was a sell off warehouse owned by Screwfix. I thought it was a bargain about a year ago when Screwfix wanted about £100 and Bob sold them for £50

Guest Petemate

Hi guys

I have two drills. One is a Challenge (Argos), a cordless s/driver and is excellent but the keyless chuck a pain. :ph34r: The other a Bosch mains, hammer reverse varispeed etc etc, and a BRILLIANT keyless. Works by pressing a button on the hammer/drill shifter, and the chuck tightens up in ratchet fashion, far tighter than I've ever got a keyed type, and you can't trap your skin in the teeth with the key..... (ouch) :(

Pete(Oldgit)

We have a Bosch which was keyless but now we need to use a key. The drill's gearbox had some sort of self-locking mechanism such that when not being driven you turned the chuck against the lock. Unfortunately it doesn't self-lock anymore so when you try to turn the chuck the motor spins and the whole lot goes around. Furtunatelt there is a hex on the end of the chuck so with the aid of a 19mm spanner you can still use it. Caused some hilarity at the weekend - my uncle was watching me and dad work and I aksed dad to pass the chuck-key. My uncle creased up when dad passed me a spanner (must have thought he'd lost his hearing-aid) he then stopped as I accepted it and did indeed use it as a chuck-key - dad and I are used to it so it took us a while to work out what he was laughing at but we then had an unofficial break as we were all laughing so hard that we didn't trust ourselves to drill a hole in the right place.