First Impressions

Guest Nishka

Guest Bob's Babe

:D Welcome David and marilyn

All they say is true, this is a slightly mad world...but very friendly :p

Don't tell Tim that a girlie bought the kit for you, he will probably run out and buy even more bits for Bobson and say they are a preaent from me :rolleyes: :blink:

Marilyn, don't let him build it in the garden....you never get it back :boohoo:

Hope to see you at the shows next year

SUE :wub:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sue (Bob's Babe)

Thank you very much for the welcome. I have taken note and will not let my David build in the garden. I have a feeling that many parts will creep into the house however. :boohoo:

We need suggestions for a name for our car! :wub: There is a drink for the person with the best idea at the next show! ;) Bob is a great name. :D

Looking forward to meeting you at the next show.

Best wishes.

Babe

P.S. The kettle is always on!

Guest Friar Tuck

I wasn't thinking of naming my car at all, but Lesley has now officially christened it " Jezebel", as it is the other female in my life, and I have spent more time on the car than with Lesley over the last few months.

Good luck with the inspiration !!

The Friar

many parts will creep into the house however.
its inevitable :mellow:

When you pick the kit up...there are sooo many bits :(

And its going to take up all your spare time for about 2 years :( :unsure:

I hope you ordered all stainless? (if not, ring RH and change it quick)

Dave

PS Why did Jim say you made a mistake :huh: or was he joking :p

Yes Daveq

We did order all stainless, and I'm lucky in that My Babe will be in the garage as much as I will be. She is more of a petrol head than many guys. :lol: :lol:

I'm hoping to get it on the road a lot sooner than 2 years :huh: but I am keeping an open mind until I see it in the flesh. :mellow:

Yes of course Jim was joking he was very helpful and full of encouragement. :D

David

We need suggestions for a name for our car!

I can give you a list of names that it will get called as you build it. (I'm using a few of those myself at the moment!!)

Yes of course Jim was joking he was very helpful and full of encouragement

There goes my reputation!! ;)

PS, Change the colour to yellow if you can (Not seen any yellow 2B's???? come to think of it)

Nishka welcome to the tribe ;) where can I get a girl like yours?

Jim - with all these new lunatics in the area have you still got enough stickers or do I need to make some more? Realised the other night that I foolishly gave you all the ones I'd made and left myself without one for the 2B :blink: so I'll be making more anyway.

Iain

Guest owenpilson

hurrah for the battery in the boot.....

also a new update ... the back axle is not meant to be fitted to the back of the car ... it is meant to be attatched to you workbench ( mine has been for 8 weeks now and im missing driving it)

oz.

Thanks all

The colour ordered is green but will probably end up spraying it, rather than leaving in the raw gel coat. :)

I think the yellow looks particularly good with the titaniam panels though. :)

As to My Babe Iain she is a one off there is not another one like her, and she is all mine. :wub: :wub:

Yes of course Jim was joking he was very helpful and full of encouragement

There goes my reputation!! 

Jim although I said you were full of encouragement it might have been something else. :lol: :lol:

David

have you still got enough stickers
Yep! still got a good few. They only get given out to people who have been "lost" with us, or should I say on one of Uncle Robbo's bus station trips?
As to My Babe Iain she is a one off there is not another one like her, and she is all mine.

Be careful! they are unpredictable creatures! :rolleyes: you think that they are tamed, then ......................... :boohoo:

Name it costly - it will be!

Or what about timely - It will take up loads.

Seriously welcome. Have fun and there will be loads of support and great advice from this forum.

I've been in a few car clubs and none rival the size, enthusiasm and help you seem to be able to call upon in here.

Cheers

Lee

Guest Alasdair

Well you can't call it "Toby" 'cos that's what mine is now called (2B, Toby, see?). There are now "Toby Days" which are days where the weather is suitable for a fun drive in to work.

That's official then, "Toby" is taken, OK? B)