Coved-19 Kitcar upgrades

magh

With the current situation I’ve finally had some time in the garage and managing to get some little jobs done on the kit. 

For a while now I’ve been meaning to make a boot to store the odd little thing in when out and about and meaning I could use the car for the essential shopping ( I wish ). 

Almost there now just some trim to finish around the roll bar. Also knocked up a coolant recovery tank today and fitted that. 

what jobs have everyone else finally got around to doing? 

Keep safe everyone, Mike. 

5A6663E4-34DB-481B-B1B0-DDB8476AF194.jpeg

2040B274-C23E-490D-9EE6-3E72F9839695.jpeg

2FDE96EA-1EE7-43C1-B7C7-4624B45CB95D.jpeg

• Like 2

That looks very nice! At my last MOT (end of feb, so the testers can laugh at me arriving in the freezing cold rain!) I was told one of my rear brakes was only just good enough so I thought I should look at it. Not very pretty, probably been leaking for years, these are the small 9" drums, early 1.3/1.6 model. I had bought new cylinders and shoes so no problem? I started off by rounding one of the bolt heads holding it on using a 10mm socket, after carefull examination I realised they are 3/8" bolts! managed eventually to loosen them and the brake pipie nut came free quite easily, but was of course corroded to the pipe. I was wondering if I could get a new pipe made up locally, assumed not easily so I sawed the pipe through at the back of the nut, and managed to reflare the tube having fitted the one spare nut I had, the tube being just long enough. Removed the old shoes cleaned everything up and spent quite a lot of time cursing and damaging knuckles getting the handbrake adjuster and springs back in the right positions. Seemed to use up most of the day, just got the other side to do now!    

brake.jpg