Which Robin To Purchase?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Guest Daniel Cronshaw

Guest Daniel Cronshaw

Looking to buy my first Kit Car, due to lack of garage but do have a drive way. I am looking to buy a fully built one. Any advice on which Robin Hood to buy? Read so many things and what is the best suspension, problems with the standard universal joints I am confused to buggery. Are the models really that different to each other?

DOH!!! Forgot to say i am in East Grinstead which is near Gatwick in West Sussex

Looking to spend between 4-5.5k on a Robin Hood what do you reckon that would get me and which model is going to be a better purchase for my first step into kit cars. I do intend to build one for myself when i move and obtain a house with a garage.

Cheers

hi daniel,

a 2B with wishbone front suspension and stainless chassis and panels would be your best bet. if you ask around people in your local area or go to a local meet you will be able to see and maybe try a few different types of hood.

steve :blink:

Guest chris brown

hi daniel, put your location in your profile. You never know there may be a meeting near you so you can go and have a look at various cars and chat to owners as Steve says. Then you will be completley confused :p

My choice would definitely be an all Stainless wishboned 2B ... just like mine :D :D :D And for 5.5k you should get one with a build up photos and the like, plenty of history, and good add-ons like wet weather gear, separate dash gauges and decent seats. Personally I'd avoid the sliding pillar suspension 2B's. Some work well, but the number who have converted to wishbones speaks volumes. Watch out for chassis cracks in the earlier monocoque cars, though I believe these are just as good as the 2B if you find a decent one.

Hope that lot helps.

Ant