Carb problems

Ian Hunter

Hi I have just bought a RH fitted with 2.0 pinto with fast road cam (kent cams) and Webber DGAV 32/36 car is great but there is a huge hole in the acceleration between progression and main  the carb has been butchered and I know when the engine was built it had R1 carbs but these have been replaced with the Webber which I suspect is not jetted for this set up

Can anyone point me at any information, as to what jets I need to try, I have found lots of links to information but the links from early 2000's dont seem to work  example ..

"Mark it is called the progression stage and is the most difficult bit to get right. It is the change over from the idle jets to the start of the main jets. nIf you look at Jims NW Hoodies site there are jets for the DGAS set up it will be a good place to start and probably will not be far out. You will have too small air jets, possibly too small idle jets and mains. It won't cost much to try them but the best bet will be to go to a rolling road that knows what they are doing. You will need to advance the ignition too, try about 12-14° if it doesn't pink give it a bit more.

Peter.

Does anyone know where I can find the info suggested 

Thanks Ian

Here's the page on the NW site   https://nw.rhocar.org/buildtips//38dgas.htm   but the DGAS and DGAV carbs are different animals.  The DGAV is usually quite a good carb on the pinto and setting it to stock jetting should get it running reasonably, all depends on how it been "butchered" of course.

Edited by Foz
add web link