Facet fuel pump

Dcsinclair22

Hi guys my car runs a facet fuel pump, (cylinder type) when I got the car the pump was brand new, but since owning the car the fuse kept blowing every couple of miles, ive currently got the car in bits (completely stripped) and all wiring ripped out, so what gauge wire are you guys using and what size fuse, the car would stay running with a 25amp inline fuse, anything lower and it would just blow, I'm sure I've asked on here before but can't find the post for some reason, also is it right that the fuel pump isn't earthed? I'm sure someone on here mentioned it should be a 5amp fuse, so im guessing it's the gauge wire, 

25A fuse is stupidly large if it is just for a fuel pump. That is 300W or nearly 1/2HP just to move a few cc per minute of petrol. I presume that you are running carbs.

Facet state that thier low pressure pumps take 1.4A average and should be fused at 5A.

Some of thier cylindrical pumps use the mounting bolts to provide the negative connection.

1sq mm wire should be good.

Would not be the first faulty component I have come across and then spent futile hours chaseing other posible causes.

If it is the only thing on that fuse it is faulty. OR the wire downstream of the fuse has an intermittant short that is masked at 25A by thin wire upstream not passing the current.

Try running a test wire from the battery fitted with a 5 A fuse direct from the battery to the pump. If the fuse does not blow then you have a wiring fault, if it does blow the pump is faulty.

• Like 1