Limited Slip Diffs

Guest Griff

Interesting thoughts!

I'm on a trackday today at Bassingbourn and have just fitted Facet pump and king filter, also running octane boost (Nos). So if wheel spin becomes a problem might persist with LSD as BHP nears 200.

On the point of anti roll bars verses tie bars, I have tie bars and do suffer a small amount of roll but with advantage of more adjustability so I feel its a 50/50 argument?

PS see chit chat for trackday details.

Guest Russler

Octane booster is just a fuel additive, which too be honest won't make much difference unless you have a highly tuned lump suffering from pre-ignition. If you do use it you will only gain a benefit by adjusting ignition timing to suit closer to MBT timing.

NOS is used as it has a higher oxygen content than air i.e. 33% therefore allowing more fuel to be burnt in the same space producing more power.

Guest salty_monk

Yes - just read something on it. 5lb of liquid gas is good for about 2 minutes constant supply with a 25bhp increas in power...

5lb of nitrous costs somewhere in the region of £15... won't take many of them to warrant an engine swap or head swap etc to gain the same power increase...

you can burn it faster than that :boohoo:

my next doors neighbours car when it is fully up and running will burn 35kg of the stuff in about 15 secs..... and some of that will be with the motors idling

post-7-1097405785.jpg

basically

(draws deep breath)

the front 2 cylinders hold nitrogen and are coupled via a manifold to the 4 rear cylinders that contain liquid nos

from the bottom of the nos tanks is a pipe to each rocket tube via a throttle/solenoid assembly

in the rocket tubes there is a cardboard tube(similar to a carpet tube) and at the hot end a carbon nozzle

at the cold??? end there is a firework sort of flare that makes the inital heat to split the nos into nitrogen and oxygen

there is also a diesel glow plug heater to light the firework

so far that car has only idled its motors but the technology is sound B)

and fine as long as its not me expected to drive it :ph34r:

http://www.eurodragster.com/news/news0904.asp

scrol down to 26th of sept

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/3880579.stm

video clip in that one