Double Wishbones

Guest RH-Track

Guest RH-Track

I am constructing currently a sliding pillar 2b but intend to change to double wishbones, is someone out there constructing a double wish bone that could provide some dimensions?

I need to understand the centres of the bolt postions for the wishbones so if someone could measure between centres arcoss the width of the car (2 dimensions). Plus also the dimensions of the angle section that the wishbones pick up onto, I can then construct these and weld direct into my chasiss.

Pictures would also help but not 100% necessary.

Any details on the coilovers would also help, wondered if I could use the spring supplied with the sliding pilar and added the shock absorber from the coilover suspension, who manufcatures these?

Many thanks

Guest TerryBarry

Here's a pic of the n/s wishbones

Maybe of some help

Unfortunately I've now got engine, radiator & body panels in the way that prevent obtaining the measurements you require.

Guest RH-Track

Thanks for the picture and the link, I had seen the Northwest site these are not original RH wishbones (atleats with my limited knowledge), I have a set of the originals so wish to make this to the original spec.

If others would be kind enough to provide the dimensions when I have completed this I will make drawings of the wishbones etc and the fitting plus pictures so others can fabricate their own and install

Guest chris brown

I think Jim is correct you cant fit RH wishbones to a sliding pillar chassis as the front end is completely different but I believe someone is getting theirs modified by MMR (Rizlas firm) at the moment

Guest RH-Track

I am confident that I will be able to fit

I can see that the front end differs by not having bent tubing at the lower section at the front the chassis tubes go square into a box section or angle, suspect this is only the area I will have to change slightly mounting the box section outside the chassis rails and then webing back.

Other changes will be the the sections of the sliding pillar supports to be removed but strength will be reintroduced by the cross braces provided by the angle iron sections and box sections

Keep posting more info and pictures for me as it will make my job easier

Is there any one out there in the South Northants , North Bucks, Oxford area who is building or has built a 2b with wishbones as perhaps seeing the car would be easier etc.

Mnay thanks

Guest STEVE OXON

hi.if you want to look at a 2b with wishbones,pre sva at the moment youre more than welcome to come and look.

i live in chinnor south oxon. probably too far from you. but the offers there

steve

• 4 weeks later...
Guest RH-Track

Well I have converted the sliding pillar suspension to RH originals and after all of the effort I can see why it really is better to make your own.

The front end is totally different and there is a lot of pipe bending required the two main differences are the top of the chassis goes further forward than the sliding pillar so the front top box section for the top wishbones coincides with the pulled bend as it goes downwards.

The other big difference is that the lower section is narrower and then kicks up to weld onto the front lower box section this allows the full movement of the lower wish bone, not to mention the cross bracing that needs to be changed.

So my advice is either buy a after market wishbone setup of make a new set from scratch. :)