First Drive In The Wet!

Guest rizla

:o anyone who drives a bike powerd car in the wet has a screw loose(guess thats me)

under acceleration,there is no way to keep the car in any form of a straight line :lol:

so to cure this problem(at least temporary)is to put it in the garage,and change the underware :rolleyes:

just thought id share this rather scary exsperience

rizla

Guest TerryBarry

No Problem :D

Get 4" hole saw - cut hole through drivers seat and car floor

Install simple throttle pedal actuated flap valve to hole in seat & floor

You will of course now need modified underpants and trousers

Remember - Do not apply full throttle whilst the car is stationary at traffic lights

Ultimate hygiene can be obtained by incorporating modified headlight washers using Dettol solution to the intimate areas

Better still lock it away in the garage until mid June '05

I bet it would have been worrying even before you got the power increased last week :wacko:

:lol: now thats not a bad idea terry,i like that idea :lol:

i must admit i was gradualy comming to terms with it,but never mastered it so put it away to save my embarasment at doing a good impression of torvill and dean down the road :wacko:

Guest Battery Bill

Rizla

doing a good impression of torvill and dean down the road

I'm having these horrible images of you in a "Little frilly dress" Getting spun around and Dean putting his back out when he tries to lift you :lol: :lol: :lol:

mick

Aint no problem with the car or the conditions. All down to the driver .

It must be the divers boot he wears on his right foot.

But you must remember Andy has got nearly a year without a car to make up for.

Worth the wait by all accounts :D :D :D

Swan

Guest Petemate

Hi All

This reminds me of a time long ago when I was in the garage trade. Working in a dealership in Oxford, in the Iffley Road, I had to take a Sales Dept used BMW (635) round the block to park it up in the lock-up area. There was an inch or so of thawed then frozen rutted snow. I drove like I had an egg between my right foot and the throttle pedal but could I keep it straight? No way. Whenever I visualise driving the Hood in slippery conditions, I think of that time. Could be interesting.....

Petemate

Guest TerryBarry

As someone who had to apply loads of opposite lock when driving my Mk II Cortina 1300 in the wet - I can't wait to get the 2B on a wet road. :D

At least now I can put my hand out and estimate the rear tyre temperatures -when stationary of course :)

:D swan is right the car is set up perfect and handles fantasticly,its just im addicted to 12,000 revs even in the wet and try to hit the rev limiter on every gear change,because the engine has so much pull its a ballancing act in the wet,to much throttle the back steps out,letting off the throttle(from high revs)round corners the back steps out,no hint of any understeer,thank god i listened to marc norden and did not fit a lsd