Getting Really Pissed With Rh

Guest jetskijase

Guest TerryBarry

Hi Jase,

I'll try and measure the width of the stainless arch piece tomorrow- not going to be too easy since I've got the wing piping in position.

I'm wondering if my wide arches are wider than yours - or if the "fingers" on yours were cut a bit deeper.

I set mine up with the Sierra wheels fitted but I had determined how much extra the Arays stuck out and allowed for this. I'm sure I've ended up with enough cover to fit 205.50's if required - especially if it's the wheel rim that matters not the tyre.

I didn't have the same problem as Petemate but then his chassis is an earlier one than mine - and his seat back panel fitted much better than mine - so another case of swings and roundabouts

Guest jetskijase

Well isnt dick really helpful <_< <_<

"have you got spacers fitted" Erm yes, "take them out, you have loads of difficultys with them" well the passenger sides fine "ye you need to take spacers out"

so back to it then <_<

will get it best i can and see what sva say.

thanks for continued help chaps.

Jase ^_^

Guest TerryBarry

Hi Jase,

One correction - measured in the cold light of day - the passenger's side GRP edge overhangs the wheel rim at the top by 25mm not 33mm as previously given.

This is from the absolute outside edge of the rim not the flat section.

Thus the clearance on the driver's side is reduced to 15mm.

I'll go back and edit those figures in my previous post.

I've measured the width of my wings - being the distance from the side panel to the outside edge of the stainless.

Measured at two points - starting from the bottom rear folded edge on the outside of the stainless 30cm and 60cm around the Grp/stainless junction

30cm n/s = 267mm ; o/s = 267mm

60cm n/s = 215mm ; o/s = 216mm

The GRP protrudes by 50mm from the stainless

I've also got the spacers fitted - these were obtained from Big Jim

Even with these the wheels still lean in at the top but only by a couple of millimetres

The measuring set up is shown in the pic below

I can't comment on the widths of the fibreglass pieces, but right from the very first batch of 2B's it was found that you need to fit a thin spacer behind one wheel (can't remember which!) to bring it out slightly more, so as to make the back end look correct, in other words, the axle is slightly to one side when built up.

You will overcome it Jason, stay cool.

Guest jetskijase

HI Jim

I've read colin usher did this, i've fitted a pair of wedges from a thread by peter bell a while back, I'am going to build up the arch and carry on, i dont seem to have a real issue with the way the wheels or arches sit/ look, just that the drivers not completely covered by the top of the arch.

it goes under when i sit in it :p :p so if i sit in it at sva, sorted, and theorectically i'd be in it if i hit anyone???? :p

Will get some photos of the saga when i've put them back on, Cheers Terry for all the measurements.

Jase

Guest Tony Tank

Hi Jase

As Jim says the L/H rear wheel needs about a 3/8 th spacer to bring it true with the R/H/rear, people forget to do this when fitting the rear arches .

But you have done this so I would say maybe it's the rear wheel wedges ????pushing it out of true ! just a though.

I gave Colin Usher a hand with his rear arches and can't remember us having any prob's.

Good luck with them Jase ;) and as the lads say stay cool B) it's the end result that makes it all worthwhile. :p

Tank

Guest jetskijase

Well I managed to get the grp to 61mm which now covers the wheel ok, just, When looking at the car you only really notice when you look at the drivers wheel from the exhaust and you can see the wheel/ arch/chassis a bit squeif.

Overall looking from behind it looks great, the gaps between the wheel and the arch are fine, although they are slightly differant between n/s o/s, but the wheels are central in the arches.

But as Bill said if notice anything your looking too closely ^_^

I'am happyish with the result, ( happy by rh standards :wacko: )

Will get a pic on tomorrow

cheers chaps

Jase

Guest chris brown

Well done Jason I was beginning to think that this thread could go one of two ways ether "yippee" I’ve cracked it and alls fine :p :p :p or "Part built hood for sale" :( :angry: :gdit:

Guest jetskijase

Chris, yep, one point it was a , part built for sale easy finish to sva hard work all done , honest. !!!!! :p :p :p

Looked at it again and going to fix once and for all.

Jase