Passed At Sittingbourne

Guest Ben Salt

Guest Ben Salt

Well, I passed my SVA retest today at Sittingbourne, yay!!

Trouble is, went to DVLA office to register the thing, wont do it til i get it insured, the cheapest insurance quote I got (by about £600) wont cover me til I get it registered!! :gdit:

Since I'm away from the 1st of January, and then back to uni til easter, looks like the car wont be registered or on the road til then :boohoo:

Why does everything have to be sooo difficult

Ben

Guest Ben Salt

Only drove it around the test centre, and Sittingbourne is tiny and all indoors. To get it there and back, we stuck it on a trailer (insurance issues!)

Still semi-smiling from the pass and semi-breaking things from my DVLA encounter

Guest chris brown

Well done Ben pity about the insurance issue but surely if you explain to them they would give short term cover on VIN so as to get it registered. Lets face it you are only talking a few days cover. Who are the company anyway?

Guest Ben Salt

I expect they (Graham Sykes I think) would, but it's not really worth doing it until easter now, as I'm away from home from the 1st until sometime in March at uni, where I have nowhere to keep the car, and wouldn't get the policy documents etc through in time to get it registered and taxed before I go away.

Never mind

Roll on Easter....

Guest Battery Bill

Mitch

And Bill, tesco's sold caveman clubs when you started

Took me a while to catch the drift of that one :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Very funny but surely that makes Joey 3000 years old whys he still at school? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :p :p

Guest Ben Salt

That's just the question I was about to ask Guy!!

Think I'll give the wonderful :blink: DVLA a ring and find out

Thanks everyone

Ben

Have just phoned the DVLA and been told that it wont expire. Oh well, roll on Easter!!!