Seat Belt Anchorage

Guest tez_hall

Guest tez_hall

Guys,

Need some help...

im building a 2b and need some information on seat belt anchorage,

I got the kit part built and before i go much further i want to sort out the anchorage points

From what i have seen on the net so far and the draft '04 SVA manual each mounting point requires an internally threaded tube, welded into (or onto) the chassis.

Is this the really case?

If so where can i get some suitable tube? + suitable bolts?

i have a three point harness to fit

the welding could be a problem, especially near the tunnel, due to limited access. the tunnel panels and back panel have already been fitted and pop riveted

a full seam weld all the way round the tube could be a problem...

any information would be helpfull

Cheers

Terry

Hi Tez,

I've got a 3 point harness as well, it came free from the Sierra so I used it :D

One of my SVA fail points was that I didn't have the welded tube fitted to the upper mounting points in the roll bar. I bought some tube from my local steel suppliers (it does NOT have to be threaded) and drilled a BIG hole in the chassis then welded it in, and yes I think it does have to be welded all the way round (but if you can't see to weld it, he cant see to test it very well so you could use thick paint! ;) ).

Funnily enough, it didn't fail on the one where the ratchet goes or on the lower mount, maybe he just didn't notice.

As I used the Sierra seats, I just used the normal clip.

The bolts I used were 7/16 UNF with locknuts, there are many places to get them from by mail order (I used wye vallie supplies (spelling???)) you can use M12 bolts with 8.8 written on head if you can't get them.

• 2 weeks later...